The annual art party that brings together and honours artists from all over the province promises a great night out. This year’s event showcases a curated preshow exhibit in Alderney’s rotunda
The annual art party that brings together and honours artists from all over the province promises a great night out.
This year’s event showcases a curated preshow exhibit in Alderney’s rotunda featuring numerous Nova Scotia artists from different artistic disciplines, including visual artists Miya Turnbull, Mo Glitch and Mo Phùng, pottery artist Nancy E. Oakley and musicians Ali Enriquez and Behrooz Mihankhah. The preshow begins at 7:00 p.m., followed by the awards ceremony. The ceremony will be co-hosted by dancers Sarah Prosper and Jordan Farmer, with music support from DJ Douvet. The awards show features special performances by Trevor Gould, P’tit Belliveau and current HRM Poet Laureate Sue Goyette.
Presented by Arts Nova Scotia and the Creative Nova Scotia Leadership Council, the Creative Nova Scotia Awards celebration is an annual event that celebrates excellence in artistic achievement, notably in the announcement of the major award, the Portia White Prize, along with the winners of the Creative Community Impact Award, the Prix Grand-Pré, the Established Artist, Emerging Artist, Black Artist and Indigenous Artist Recognition awards. Collectively, the awards are worth $75,000.
“This is an event that truly creates a space for artists from all disciplines and walks of life to converge and come together for one night,” says HEIST producer Richie Wilcox. “It’s a great way to get to know the immensely talented artistic community in this province. The show has lots of special treats in it. I would encourage everyone to come check it out.”
(Friday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
DisclaimerHalifax Presents is not associated with the events featured in our calendar unless specifically indicated. Descriptions are provided by the organizers. We recommend checking with organizers prior to attending any event.
- Jordan Poole celebrates Thanksgiving November 27, 2023
- Call Me Maybe: live with the company of Neptune Theatre’s Cinderella November 24, 2023
- New music: Wild Oscah and Alex Coley & Afterlove November 23, 2023
- Aeolian Singers announces it 2023-2024 season November 20, 2023
- Local talent vie for over $9,000 in cash and prizes at Coastal Culture Clash November 16, 2023
- Halifax to host two Ukrainian musical acts in November November 15, 2023
- Halifax’s 2023 holiday entertainment guide November 13, 2023
- Amy Brandon, Avery Dakin & Jah’Mila release new music November 8, 2023
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.