Afro-German-Caribbean disco and funk vocal group Boney M. featuring Liz Mitchell return to Atlantic Canada including a stop in Halifax on December 12. Originally founded in Germany by writer and producer
Afro-German-Caribbean disco and funk vocal group Boney M. featuring Liz Mitchell return to Atlantic Canada including a stop in Halifax on December 12.
Originally founded in Germany by writer and producer Frank Farian, Boney M. was one of the disco-oriented pop acts which dominated the European charts throughout the late seventies and early eighties with a string of hits well remembered to this day. The band has sold more than 100 million records worldwide and their discography of hits is extensive. The group had eight #1 hits on the European charts, including Daddy Cool, Sunny, Ma Baker, Belfast, Rivers of Babylon, Brown Girl in the Ring, Rasputin, and Mary’s Boy Child. In addition to the successes of Boney M’s singles was the success of three #1 albums in the European market.
Now, in the 21st Century, there is obviously no doubt that songs from the past are far more popular than ever before. Boney M’s international success during the past thirty-five years has proven that their hits belong to the collection of timeless classics. In 2022, Boney M. featuring Liz Mitchell is still a phenomenal live act, drawing huge crowds across Europe. The live show is as spectacular as ever and they are currently making live appearances in concert halls, arenas, and festivals around the world.
Tickets go on sale on September 15 at 10 a.m.
(Tuesday) 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
DisclaimerHalifax Presents is not associated with the events featured in our calendar (unless specifically indicated) and are not responsible for any claims made in our listings. We recommend checking with organizers prior to attending any event.
- Theatre review: The Play That Goes Wrong gives new meaning to the saying “the show must go on” October 2, 2023
- Indigenous retelling of Shakespeare tragedy headlines this year’s Prismatic Arts Festival September 27, 2023
- Three musical traditions combine for Treaty Day concert September 26, 2023
- The Play That Goes Wrong opens Neptune Theatre’s 2023-2024 season September 25, 2023
- Lara Deutsch and Adam Cicchillitti open the Scotia Festival of Music’s 2023-2024 season September 22, 2023
- 2Gether 4Ever? is the “anti-rom-com rom-com” September 21, 2023
- Better Watch echoes the relentless grind of the creative spirit September 20, 2023
- Getting his feet back on the ground: Séan McCann sings from the Great Big Sea songbook September 18, 2023
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.