New Waterford Boy is an intimate upbeat kitchen party where Richie Wilcox tells personal tales of being Rita MacNeil’s nephew for a week, conquering first kisses at junior high dances,
New Waterford Boy is an intimate upbeat kitchen party where Richie Wilcox tells personal tales of being Rita MacNeil’s nephew for a week, conquering first kisses at junior high dances, the inner workings of Canadian Idol (he was in the top 11 of Season One), and more as he also belts Cape Breton classic tunes from Allister MacGillivray, the Rankin Family, Rita MacNeil and John Allan Cameron. Backed by his band made up of top-notch talented friends, the two-act show pays tribute to traditional Cape Breton culture while making way for the people of Cape Breton today, here and now.
(Saturday) 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
DisclaimerHalifax Presents is not associated with the events featured in our calendar (unless specifically indicated) and are not responsible for any claims made in our listings. We recommend checking with organizers prior to attending any event.
- Theatre review: The Play That Goes Wrong gives new meaning to the saying “the show must go on” October 2, 2023
- Indigenous retelling of Shakespeare tragedy headlines this year’s Prismatic Arts Festival September 27, 2023
- Three musical traditions combine for Treaty Day concert September 26, 2023
- The Play That Goes Wrong opens Neptune Theatre’s 2023-2024 season September 25, 2023
- Lara Deutsch and Adam Cicchillitti open the Scotia Festival of Music’s 2023-2024 season September 22, 2023
- 2Gether 4Ever? is the “anti-rom-com rom-com” September 21, 2023
- Better Watch echoes the relentless grind of the creative spirit September 20, 2023
- Getting his feet back on the ground: Séan McCann sings from the Great Big Sea songbook September 18, 2023
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.