This is a repeating eventmay 30, 2023 7:30 pm
Scotia Festival of Music
29may7:30 pm9:30 pmScotia Festival of MusicEvent Type Festivals,MusicJoseph Strug Concert Hall, 6101 University Ave Lobby, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2, Canada Event Organized ByScotia Festival of Music
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
june 10, 2023 7:30 pmjune 11, 2023 2:30 pm
Running from May 29 to June 11, Scotia Festival will welcome some exciting new artists, along with familiar and beloved friends. New York violinist Jennifer Frautschi and Canadian pianist Philip
Running from May 29 to June 11, Scotia Festival will welcome some exciting new artists, along with familiar and beloved friends. New York violinist Jennifer Frautschi and Canadian pianist Philip Chiu, fresh off his Juno win, will join the roster of Scotia Festival guest artists for the first time, and the Festival will see the return of cellists Ani Aznavoorian and Blair Lofgren, violinist Gwen Hoebig, violists Marina Thibeault and Isaac Chalk, along with many others.
To conclude the packed schedule of events, the festival returns to the Sir James Dunn Theatre, for 40 years its principal venue, for an orchestral Gala concert on June 11th. Under the baton of conductor Dinuk Wijeratne, the Scotia Festival Orchestra will perform an incredible program, including a piece by Wijeratne himself, A Letter from the After-Life, Vaughan Williams’ swoon-worthy The Lark Ascending with violinist Gwen Hoebig, Prokofiev’s fiery and passionate Piano Concerto No 1 with Canadian virtuoso pianist Philip Chiu, and concluding with Rimsky-Korsakoff’s Scheherazade. Certainly not a concert to be missed!
(Monday) 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
DisclaimerHalifax Presents is not associated with the events featured in our calendar (unless specifically indicated) and are not responsible for any claims made in our listings. We recommend checking with organizers prior to attending any event.
- The Dome Project is a musical journey through the cosmos June 7, 2023
- Cecilia Concerts celebrates 35 years June 5, 2023
- Scotia Festival of Music adds accessibility-focused concert to this year’s line-up June 1, 2023
- Callum Gaudet’s Ghosts is an echo of our landscape & of the past May 31, 2023
- Technology, music, movement and more are all on tap at this year’s STAGES Theatre Festival May 30, 2023
- Sarah McInnis explores death, grief (and life) with the Legacy Song Project May 29, 2023
- Halifax dance artist Emma Kerson wins the 2023 Diane Moore Creation Award May 26, 2023
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are heading west May 25, 2023
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.