This is a repeating eventfebruary 24, 2024 8:00 pm
100x1x2 surFace Dance in collaboration with Collectif HAT and Xavier Richard. The project revolves around two series of 100 one-minute site-specific improvised dance videos (100 videos x 1-minute x 2 series =
surFace Dance in collaboration with Collectif HAT and Xavier Richard.
The project revolves around two series of 100 one-minute site-specific improvised dance videos (100 videos x 1-minute x 2 series = 100x1x2). Dancer Jalianne Li filmed and posted them on social media as she travelled around Canada and the United States in 2018 and while she was confined to her house and her yard during the lockdown in 2020.
Faced with new difficulties and limitations, such as the restriction of space, social unrest and isolation during the pandemic, 100x1x2 asks the question: how can we overcome what life throws at us?
surFace Dance in collaboration with Mathieu FRACA Francoeur.
An experimental contemporary dance work inspired by the news overload that we experience on a daily basis. The news enrages us, invades us, depresses us, suffocates us, incites us to act. How do we deal with this constant bombardment?
With a newspaper costume designed by visual artist Mathieu FRACA Francoeur, this solo dance piece examines our relationship to the news through the literal metaphor that only newsprint can offer: from the heaviness of the words on its pages to the lightness of the material itself to the transformational capacity of paper.
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
february 24, 2024 8:00 pm
DisclaimerHalifax Presents is not associated with the events featured in our calendar unless specifically indicated. Descriptions are provided by the organizers. Halifax Presents is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided in our events calendar. We recommend checking with organizers prior to attending any event.
- Cecilia Concerts kicks off International Women’s Week February 22, 2024
- Tenille Goodspeed named new executive director of the Halifax Jazz Festival February 21, 2024
- Being Black in Halifax: Mum February 20, 2024
- Theatre review: Robert Lamar commits wholly to The Gift February 19, 2024
- Being Black in Halifax: Floating February 16, 2024
- Being Black in Halifax: From The Ashes February 15, 2024
- Neptune Theatre announces its 2024-2025 season February 14, 2024
- Celebrating operatic tradition’s influence on the violin and piano repertoire February 14, 2024
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.