The Irish Descendants
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day 2023 with the Juno and ECMA award-winning Newfoundland folk group, The Irish Descendants. Born of Irish emigrants, all members of The Irish Descendants were workers in the Newfoundland
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day 2023 with the Juno and ECMA award-winning Newfoundland folk group, The Irish Descendants.
Born of Irish emigrants, all members of The Irish Descendants were workers in the Newfoundland fishing industry before forming the band in 1990 out of the remnants of two former Newfoundland bands – The Descendants and Irish Coffee.
The group helped to popularize traditional Newfoundland music to a wider Canadian audience in the early 1990s, along with other bands such as Great Big Sea. Their popularity within the province itself led to their selection as the official band of the province’s 500th-anniversary celebrations, during which they performed for the Queen.
(Friday) 8:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- The Underground Comedy Railroad begins its 2023 tour in Dartmouth January 31, 2023
- Real-life theft of Mona Lisa is inspiration for new musical work January 30, 2023
- Revisiting the soundtrack of star-crossed lovers January 27, 2023
- Classified gets some respect for Retrospected January 26, 2023
- It is a Dark and Dirty World for Ted Simmons January 23, 2023
- Randy Glynn to step down as Live Art Dance’s artistic director January 20, 2023
- The Bombadils release Dear Friend, their long-awaited fourth album January 18, 2023
- Jackson Fairfax-Perry named 2b theatre company’s emerging artist-in-residence January 16, 2023
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.