This Valentine’s Day, Kim Harris and Stewart Legere reimagine the iconic 1996 pop culture phenomenon soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet in an intimate candlelit cabaret. Director Baz Luhrmann re-visioned
This Valentine’s Day, Kim Harris and Stewart Legere reimagine the iconic 1996 pop culture phenomenon soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet in an intimate candlelit cabaret.
Director Baz Luhrmann re-visioned Shakespeare’s classic tragedy into a modern, angst-fueled cinematic touchstone, launching its young stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Clare Danes, into superstardom. It simultaneously crystallized the tormented nature of young love into a 13-song track list that rides like a wave: poppy, dirty, sweet, fun, sad and sexy. The songs are quintessentially 90’s and activate deep nostalgia for a generation of movie and music fans.
In 2013, Kim and Stewart presented this soundtrack in an evening of twinkling angst, nostalgia, and the pains and joys of love at the beloved Company House. A decade later, these two award-winning musicians and frequent collaborators dive back into this musical tale of tragedy and woe, bringing it to the Alderney Landing stage in support of Eastern Front Theatre.
This concert has cabaret-style seating at tables of four, with tiered PWYC pricing
starting at $25.
(Tuesday) 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- The Underground Comedy Railroad begins its 2023 tour in Dartmouth January 31, 2023
- Real-life theft of Mona Lisa is inspiration for new musical work January 30, 2023
- Revisiting the soundtrack of star-crossed lovers January 27, 2023
- Classified gets some respect for Retrospected January 26, 2023
- It is a Dark and Dirty World for Ted Simmons January 23, 2023
- Randy Glynn to step down as Live Art Dance’s artistic director January 20, 2023
- The Bombadils release Dear Friend, their long-awaited fourth album January 18, 2023
- Jackson Fairfax-Perry named 2b theatre company’s emerging artist-in-residence January 16, 2023
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.