Meet Nova Scotia-based singer-songwriter and producer, Isaac Vallentin.
20 Questions with Isaac Vallentin
1. Your first job.
2. The job you always wanted as a child?
3. Your pet peeve.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
What I’m thinking right now.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
A lamp, a knife, and a copy of War and Peace.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If they made a movie about your life, who would it star?
10. Hero or villain?
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
May all beings be happy, may all beings be peaceful, may all beings love themselves, may all beings love all beings, may all beings find the end of suffering.
12. The last book you read.
Cosmopolitan Greetings by Ginsberg.
13. The song getting the most play on your Spotify playlist right now.
“Vessel” by Ralph Towner and Gary Burton, off their album Slide Show.
14. If you were a cartoon character, what cartoon character would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
“Isaac Vallentin was cremated in the year 2086. This stone has no relation to the event. For all of your stone needs, call Pictou County Stone Ltd. at 902-485-5318.”
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
My partner Allyson, in approximately two hours.
17. Your idea of happiness.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty-year-old self?
Relax, but not too much.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
All the wonderful people I’ve met.
20. To be or not to be?
Being is everything I know. It’s a lot of work. After this life, I look forward to not being.
Meet Isaac Vallentin
Isaac Vallentin is a songwriter and producer based in Pictou, Nova Scotia. Since 2015, Vallentin has released four genre-defying albums spanning the traditions of folk, electronic, rock, and jazz.
Vallentin’s fourth LP, Juma, came out in April 2022 to critical acclaim. He has toured extensively in North America, Europe, and Asia, and has released music through Record Centre Records, E-Tron Records, and MIDI International.