Meet conductor Jean-Michel Malouf.
20 Questions with Jean-Michel Malouf
1. Your first job.
Wrapper in a grocery.
2. The job you always wanted as a child?
A hockey player.
3. Your pet peeve.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
I swim like a rock.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Only my phone to call for help!
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If they made a movie about your life, who would it star?
My wife and kids.
10. Hero or villain?
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
12. Your favourite composer.
13. The last book you read.
Schumann on Music: A Selection from the Writings by Robert Schumann.
14. If you were a cartoon character, what cartoon character would you be?
Lucky Luke, ‘cause he’s too cool and talented!
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
My wife, it’s been a while.
17. Your idea of happiness.
Living in the moment.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty-year-old self?
Believe in your talent!
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
My long-time relationship with my wife.
20. Your best advice to an aspiring musician.
Be yourself and follow your dreams!
Meet Jean-Michel Malouf
Jean-Michel Malouf began his studies in conducting with Raffi Armenian in 2005. His remarkable precision, sensitivity, and natural leadership quickly earned him the opportunity to participate in numerous projects. From 2015 to 2017, he was Conductor in Residence with the Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestra. An accomplished trombonist, he has taken an active role in mentoring young musicians through camps, outreach, education, and youth ensembles.