As the holidays get closer we bring a little holiday cheer as we check in once again with Santa Claus (with updates in 2022).
1. Your first job.
I have been doing this since, well, forever.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
An aerobics instructor.
3. Your pet peeve.
When the older kids tell the younger ones that I am not real. And people who don’t wear masks.
4. Complete this sentence: On December 24th I …
5. Your biggest indulgence.
You would probably think I would say cookies, but I’m all about the mani and Pedi.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
I am lactose intolerant.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Mrs. Claus, my iPad (so I can check the naughty and nice list) plus lots and lots of sunscreen since there is so much to cover.
8. Your favourite reindeer.
Good thing reindeer can’t read … it would have to be Dasher.
9. If you were not being Santa, what would you be doing right now?
Probably a Walmart greeter.
10. Hero or villain.
Hero, although I guess for those that end up with coal in their stockings, I am a little bit of a villain too.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
It is never too late to get on the nice list.
12. Your favourite song.
Without sounding too self-centred, it would have to be Here Comes Santa Claus.
13. The last book you read.
Just Like Magic by Sarah Hogle.
14. If you were a cartoon character, what cartoon character would you be?
Patrick Star from SpongeBob SquarePants.
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
This is hypothetical since I am eternal, but it would probably say, “I really did know when you were sleeping.”
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
The Grinch (I have a few things to say).
17. Your idea of happiness.
Letters to me that are not just filled with endless requests for toys.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty-year-old self?
It would help if you exercised more.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
The ability to bring joy to so many children (and a few adults too).
20. To be or not to be?
How about “always will be”?
Meet Santa Claus (aka Saint Nicholas, Sinterklaas, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, Saint Nick or simply Santa)
Santa Claus brings gifts to children’s homes during the late evening and overnight hours of Christmas Eve. Santa lives at his house on the North Pole with his wife, Mrs. Claus, countless magical elves who make the gifts he delivers each year, and eight flying reindeer.
Santa makes a list of children throughout the world, categorizing them as either “naughty” or “nice,” and delivers presents, including toys, candy, and other gifts to all of the boys and girls on the “nice” list in the world. Unfortunately, Santa sometimes leaves a lump of coal for those children (and not a few adults) on the “naughty” list.