Meet The Flying Grandpas of the Hamburg Police Force.
In this special 20 questions, members of the high-flying comedy acrobatic team from Hamburg, Germany, take turns answering our questions.
The Flying Grandpas was one of the many acts at this year’s Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo.
20 Questions with The Flying Grandpas
1. Your first job.
Central heating and ventilation builder – MT/Martin
2. The job you always wanted as a child?
Archeologist – Klaus/Jan
3. Your pet peeve.
Rainy days – Fleisch/Jörg
4. Your hero.
Batman – Clark/Christian
5. Your biggest indulgence.
Donair – Joseph/Dominik
6. One thing no one knows about you.
We are not real Grandpas!
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Knife, Batman costume, cat – Helge
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
Beautiful – OErich/Christian
9. If they made a movie about your life, who would it star?
Johnny Knoxville – Tucke/Daniel
10. Hero or villain?
Hero – MT/Martin
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman, then be Batman – Clark/Christian
12. The last book you read.
der Heidefürst – Helge
13. The song getting the most play on your Spotify playlist right now.
Don’t Stop Believing from Journey – Clark/Christian
14. If you were a cartoon character, what cartoon character would you be?
Wile E Coyote – Tucke/Daniel
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
The Grandfather Has Landed – Felix
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
Olaf the Snowman – Helge
17. Your idea of happiness.
No appointments and tipsy – Clark/Christian
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty-year-old self?
Live your life – OErich/Christian
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
My two children – Tucke/Daniel
20. To be or not to be?
This is the question – Shakespeare
Meet The Flying Grandpas
Comedy, capers, and constant delights! The Flying Grandpas are a group of police officers from the Hamburg Police Force with a love of sports, gymnastics and humour.