Hyprov: Improv Under Hypnosis
Hypnosis and Improv — two art forms that have mystified and entertained fans, skeptics and everyone in between for decades worldwide – come together as two masters of their crafts
Hypnosis and Improv — two art forms that have mystified and entertained fans, skeptics and everyone in between for decades worldwide – come together as two masters of their crafts unite for a totally unique comedy experience with Hyprov: Improv Under Hypnosis.
How it works: 20 random volunteers from the audience will be put under hypnosis by Hypnotist Legend Asad Mecci (the process of which is a show in its own right), their inhibitions evaporate and their minds no longer their own. The contestants are methodically and hysterically whittled down until the 5 best remain on stage – enter: one of the world’s leading improvisers! Co-Creator Colin Mochrie takes the stage to improvise with the top five while they are still under hypnosis, turning the show into an improv extravaganza!
In the hands of two legends, and solely crafted from the audience’s uninhibited subconscious, this will be an entirely original and completely unforgettable theatrical experience, for who knows where the unconscious mind will go.
(Friday) 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Halifax’s theatre and comedy scenes come together for Punch Up November 28, 2022
- Halifax’s holiday entertainment guide November 25, 2022
- Leona Burkey continues to refine her renegade folk sound with Groundrush November 24, 2022
- Singing loud for all to hear: Neptune Theatre presents Elf: The Musical November 21, 2022
- #FridayFive: 5 shows not to miss in Halifax (November 21-27) November 18, 2022
- Halifax Jazz Festival brings music to the waterfront this holiday season November 17, 2022
- Lennie Gallant’s The Innkeeper’s Christmas offers something different November 16, 2022
- The year of Reeny Smith November 14, 2022
Calendar of EventsDiscover other performing arts events in Halifax in our Calendar of Events.